Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Assignment 10B Xzbit

This time our assignment is to do a globe. Interesting! I've never done this before in my life. So first of all, after i cut the cardboard and paste it using cement glue, then I started my design work.
So what kind of design shall i use for my globe? I'm thinking of using the materials that I have currently to do my globe, as this is what that fulfils one the Green Building Index(GBI) criteria, material reuse and use regional material. So what kind of material do I have now? After I looked through all the materials that is left for those previous assignments, I decided to use aluminium foil and colour papers. So with limited resources, I am going to build my idea out!!

Using diffrent colour papers, I cut them into stripes and stick them to the edges. Because my memory is colourfull, full of diffent kind of feeling and experiences, there is happiness, there is satisfaction, there is naughtiness, there is seriousness, there is my work, my product, my sweat, my heart and my ideas...This is me.



Then it is time to ' plant in ' all my memories to this globe, which is a planet inside my heart. This planet stores the memory of mine in RUS101. There are memories that we attended classes, memories that I did my assignments, learning outside classroom experience, memories doing assignments with my friends....


This is the photo that I like the most among so many photos~ feels warm~


After I plant all my memories on this planet, I use aluminium foil to create the river on the planet. This river is called The Silver River of Memory. It flows through all around the planet and passes through every places of memory I had. Rivers also represents the longiness of a relationship.In this case, the rivers represents the friendship between my friends in HBP and I.It is RUS101 that let me have the chance to know all my buddies. Since the end of this semester is approaching, and some of us might be separated to to groups, I wish our friendship could last long and flows continuously, just like the water in river. I really feel happy to know them and appreciate the chances we had to do things together.

This is the rivers on my planet. The aluminium foil that reflects the light around make the globe shines like a star. It is really a planet! A planet that shines like a star!





There is a part in this planet that stores words, feelings that I have towards RUS101 is stored in here.Feelings that I have is like 'HBP students are strong!!', 'we are tough!', 'sleepless nights', 'brainstorming'...etc.This is the wordle art that I have learnt in RUS101!

This is the welcome sign board for anyone who visit my planet.



Thank you for exploring the planet of Hong Hui Yi. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment